Saturday, March 28, 2009

Some stuff I have made....

Here are some of the items that I have made in the past few months. I need to work on some grocery/market bags so I don't have to use those crappy plastic bags from the store. They always rip. I can't tell you how many times I have broken jars.

This is a beautiful bag I made for my sister, Miltie. This green fabric screamed Miltie's name to me.






I made this bag for my sister-in-law, Marie. She is a die hard Rams Fan. Can you believe they still have loyal fans... Well, that's another story.

The Rams fabric is cotton and I lined with tan canvas fabric. It is sturdy.







This is a bag I use everyday. It is great. It is very sturdy. It has stiff interfacing in it. It carries my magazines, a cookbook or two and other reading material. I take it to work each day. It holds a lot of stuff.


This is the kind of bag I will be making for grocery bags. These are alot nicer than those re-usable ones you can buy at the stores.


This one also makes a great bag to use for the beach or picnics.


This one is a Cancer Awareness bag I made for my sister-in-law, Teresa. It turned out great. I love this fabric. It is really soft even though its not flannel.

I found some great fabric recently that has cancer ribbons. One is on marbled Pink and the other one that I found is on marbled Purple. I love the fabric, I just have to decide what I am going to make with it.


All of these bags are machine washable. I have found that sewing gives me a few hours to myself and lets me de-stress. It is funny because I never thought of myself as 'creative" but I have found that I am always looking at and feeling fabric and sometimes get up in the middle of the night with a thought of what fabrics and what style would look good. And write it down in my sewing binder.


Let me know what you think. Leave a post

1 comment:

  1. Different styles and great colors. Must have for every woman and young lady on the go. Will have to buy some from you.

    ReplyDelete