Saturday, June 12, 2010

Corkboard


I bought this picture frame at Marshall's on clearance for $2.50.  I took the remaining broken letters off, primed it and painted it Glossy Black (already had).... I removed the glass and replaced with cork (already had).  I was going to cover the cork with fabric but decided not to for now.  I had some colorful clips already.

Thank you to my sister, Betty who told me not to be afraid of a little spray paint. Now I am addicted. I primered this in a suit before leaving for work, 1st coat of paint when I got home and 2nd coat before I went to bed.  Woke up at 4am, and cut cork and put all together. Thanx Betty!



It can either be hung or it actually can stand up as seen in this picture. So this project just cost me about $3... I love it...

I may add Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner above the three openings to put a daily menu on it and put it in my kitchen. Or just leave it on my desk. I kept the glass just in case I want to make into Dry-Erase Message Board.  

It makes me SMILE and I LOVE IT!

Click on picture to getter a closer look...

No comments:

Post a Comment