Monday, May 9, 2011

Cancer Awareness~ Relay For Life Monterey

Well, Timothy and I volunteered again for Monterey's Annual Relay For Life. We had a lot of fun. We always are at Survivor and Caregiver registration. We love it. It is amazing how much strength these people have. And support. They couldn't get through this horrible disease without great caregivers. Reminded me alot of how much strength my mother had when she was fighting her own fight with breast and bone cancer. But then again, I don't think we have met anyone stronger than my Mom. She was AMAZING! And I miss her very much! She will be gone for 12 years come July and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her.
So, for Mother's Day. We went to eat an early lunch and then I got to sew and embroider the rest of the day. YEAH!! My sister-in-law, Teresa, is participating this Friday in a walk for cancer. It is kind of like Relay but all the funds raised stay in her own town. So, I am trying to get these towels made for her and her team. Her team is called the "Blushing Pink Divas".

(Disregard the shiny film, I wanted to take a picture before going to bed and didn't get all the stabilizer off- it washes right off. I will update photo later today)



No comments:

Post a Comment