Monday, January 16, 2012

Cricut Cake Machine

I got a Cricut Cake Machine for Christmas. YEAH! I am not a cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination. Most of you know, I don't really like cake. I much rather have cookies or brownies. But guess what, I can cut and decorate cookies with this baby...


Can I hear an "WAHOO".... So, yes you have to practice until you find what works for you. This is what I have found....

1. Fondant works best for anything that will be eaten.Chef Duff has great already made fondant.I purchase mine @ Michael's with 40% off coupon. The chocolate tastes like Tootsie Rolls. YUM

2. Gumpaste is great for designs that won't be eaten. They get entirely too hard.

3. Use the freeze method for best results.Roll out, freeze, cut, freeze, and then pull off mat. Makes better cuts and doesn't loose its shape.

4. Sugar cookie dough cuts well. I cut them at least 2".

5. Cookies are thin so they are crispy. If you want thicker cookies, just put one on top of the other  before you bake. I love crispy cookies so this isn't an issue for me.

This is the sugar cookie dough after being cut
I haven't decorated a cake but have done cookies and actually cut raw tortillas and just baked them. These would be super cute for a themed party. You can cut stars, hearts, footballs. Great served with salsa or soup. Since these are flour tortillas~ they can be served with pretty much anything.

1st try at cookies. I will roll out fondant thinner next time. Too thick.



Chucky's Birthday cookies. Yeah. These turned out EXACTLY as I wanted them too. And they are super yummy.



Sorry about the ugly picture but wanted you to see the tortillas cut. Cut then put on sprayed cookie sheet and bake.  










No comments:

Post a Comment